Our Chief Commercial Officer, Mads Friis Jensen, will participate in the maritime webinar discussing hydrogen and fuel cells, and how they can contribute to decarbonising the shipping industry.
The Maritime Hybrid, Electric and Fuel Cells Webinar week will be held in week 25 from Tuesday the 22 to Thursday the 24 June 2021. Our Chief Commercial Officer, Mads Friis Jensen, will participate in the Webinar as a speaker in the webinar “Hydrogen and fuel cells: the key to decarbonizing the shipping industry”, Wednesday 23 June 9:00 to 9:45 BST.
Together with Mads, Milinko Godjevac from Future Proof Shipping and Ivan Østvik from Norled will join him in the discussion of several elements within fuel cells in the maritime industry. This panel will discuss the benefits of adopting the fuel cell technology while reviewing commercial and technology considerations in the obstacles there can be in wide-scale take-up in the maritime sector.
Some of the topics they will touch upon are
- The latest advances in hydrogen fuel cells for maritime application.
- The investment challenge – balancing cost vs. benefit.
- Regulatory and safety aspects of fuel cells.
- Hydrogen – production and storage issues.
- Overcoming barriers to implementation and finding strategies for scaling up.
- Short-haul shipping will be the first sector to adopt, but who will follow?
- Fuel cells – are they truly the future for maritime?
It is free to participate in this webinar, but there are limited positions available. If you want to sign up for this webinar, please follow this link:
If you want to read more about the other webinars held that week at the Maritime Hybrid, Electric and Fuel Cells webinar 2021 series, please follow this link.