Following Blue World Technologies’ acquisition of Danish Power Systems, the former CEO and Co-founder, Hans Aage Hjuler, continues as Chief Scientific Officer at Blue World Technologies. With his extensive knowledge and experience, Blue World Technologies is strengthening its position as one of the world’s leading companies within HT-PEM fuel cell technology.
As Co-founder of Danish Power Systems, Hans Aage Hjuler is one of the first scientists to start research and development activities within HT-PEM technology (high-temperature proton-exchange membrane). His interest in fuel cell technology started back in the early 80s when he did his master’s degree in chemistry followed by a PhD degree in advanced battery technology from the Technical University of Denmark. In 1988 he formed a significant research group within fuel cell research and development.
High performance and long lifetime
In Hans Aage Hjuler’s time as CEO for Danish Power Systems, he and his team have attracted attention on the world stage within science with remarkable high-performance results and a focus on a long product lifetime. The effort within product lifetime has led to achieving record-breaking results regarding the degradation rate of HT-PEM fuel cells. Together with an outstanding performance, these great results have paved the way for making the HT PEM fuel cell technology competitive and thereby creating the foundation for the commercialisation that Blue World Technologies is aiming for.
Highly recognised scientists with extensive fuel cell knowledge
Since Hans Aage Hjuler finished his PhD degree in 1983, he has been part of more than 200 reports, papers, patens, and proceedings. More specifically, he has been part of publishing more than 50 papers in peer reviewed journals. During his career, Hans Aage Hjuler has contributed to research and development projects, along with several of his colleagues at Danish Power Systems, together with some of the leading universities and institutes in the world.
Besides Hans Aage Hjuler’s role as Chief Scientific Officer at Blue World Technologies he is also active within the educational and scientific society (selected list of current engagements):
- Board member of DI Energi (Confederation of Danish Industry – Energy Industry Group).
- Member of PhD evaluation committees, DTU, University of Copenhagen, KTH (Stockholm) and NTNU, Norway.
- Founding member and chairman, The National Danish Center for Energy Storage (DaCES).
- Advisor for international organisations and institutes.
- Member of The Danish Academy of Technical Sciences (ATV).
- Member of the Board of EMIRI, Energy Materials Industrial Research Initiative, Brussels, Belgium.
- Member, Annex 31, International Energy Agency (IEA) Implementing Agreement on Advanced Fuel Cells.